Anil Shah has joined the firm in February 2016 as a consultant, bringing with him the fruits of 25 years of specialisation in the securities industry and 34 years of experience in the field of capital markets. He is dual qualified in the UK (non practicing) and India and will provide Birchman & Partners LLPwith a unique understanding of the needs of Indian clients and also the particulars of Anglo-Indian business relations.
He is recognised for his work in business acquisition due diligence, opinions on Securities and Exchange Board of India Guidelines, Takeover and Insider Trading Regulations including Disclosure & Investor Protection Guidelines, Investment Banking and Venture Capital Fund registration, registration of Foreign Institutional Investors with SEBI and securities litigation at the Securities Appellate Tribunal. Anil is also adept in dealing with the issue of Asian Depository and Global Depository Receipts and the placement of Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds. Anil is well acquainted with both Indian and International Arbitration; presiding over and representing clients at private arbitrations in India as well as at the International Court of Arbitration.
He is well versed with the intricacies of stock market and SEBI Regulations and has been heavily involved in the revamp exercises that have brought about the structural changes in stock market operations. He has successfully represented stockbrokers and others before the High Court, Company Law Board, Stock Exchanges, Securities and Exchange Board of India, Securities Appellate Tribunal and NSDL/CDSL-Depository Participants, Insurance Companies, Economic Offences Wing, SFIO, etc.
Anil is also the Executive Director of Juris Matrix Partners FZ LLE, UAE.
His extensive membership includes:
- Advocate, Bombay High Court
- Solicitor, Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Fellow Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Fellow Member, Institute of Company Secretaries of India
- Associate Member, Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, UK
- Associate Member, Institute of Chartered Arbitrators, UK
His association membership includes:
- Arbitrator on the panel of National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. and MCX Stock Exchange Ltd.
- Panel member the Investors’ Grievance Redressal Committee of MCX Stock Exchange Ltd.
- Member of the Auditors Committee at Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd.
Previously Anil was the Chairman of the Arbitration Committee of MCX Stock Exchange Ltd and Joint Secretary of Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd and was actively associated with stock broking.